Location: Stirista HQ, San Antonio, TX. This job requires working in the office.
Stirista is San Antonio’s premier data-driven marketing solutions company that compiles information on over 250 MM consumers and 30 MM businesses. Our goal is to provide audiences in a privacy-compliant manner to brands for better audience targeting. This position is for someone who is interested in slicing and dicing data meaningfully but isn’t afraid of some human communication either. Stirista ranked #13 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019.
What will you do?
You will be directly involved in the continued growth of the Stirista data department. Your core responsibilities will be to use Excel, MS-SQL, BigQuery, and Tableau to query large data sets and garner insights. The ideal candidate would have both the technical prowess to learn technology as well as the communication skills to present insights from data to clients in bite-sized bits.
A considerable amount of your time will be familiarizing yourself with our existing data products and services and learning to communicate them to clients and stakeholders of varying experience and knowledge levels. Our goal is to expand our offering and make you the subject matter expert in this department. But our company philosophy requires that you also have a wide breadth of cross-functional knowledge across Stirista’s departments.
The ability to work independently is cherished.
Your goal: Find new opportunities to grow our audience data business while remaining flexible enough to fill in should another sub-department of the Data team require additional support.
What technical knowledge will you need?
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) – intermediate knowledge required
- Working knowledge of MS SQL & Google BigQuery – similar structure; training to be provided.
- Tableau; training to be provided
- File Transfer Protocols (FTP & sFTP)
- Previous experience as either a business analyst or financial analyst or accountant will be helpful
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
- Learn the high-level workings of the Marketing Data Industry and understand where Stirista fits in the ecosystem
- Observe and participate in day-to-day operations required for sustained growth in the industry
- Be directly involved with the analysis of Stirista audience data as it pertains to current events.
- Have published research that can be converted into collateral that can be used as content for our Sales and Marketing teams.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
- Develop relationships with clients and partners that will continue to exemplify Stirista’s name in the Marketing Data industry.
- Be directly involved with the crafting of Audience Data proposals and taxonomies.
- Immersed in helping develop processes and procedures in the advancement of the Data team.
- Provide meaningful content and input for the ongoing upkeep of the Stirista.com website.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
- Begin to develop the skills necessary to advance your career. Based on the projected growth of our industry as a whole, this role has amazing potential for advancement!
- Maintain knowledge of best practices and teach them to the rest of the team.
- Grow and expand in the types and sizes of the projects you oversee.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.