Customer Identity Resolution: What It Is and Four Benefits To Help Boost Your Next Ad Campaign
Companies are in a fight for customers now more than ever, especially as online sales continue to make huge gains. Those offering similar products or services are in a continuous race to go “above and beyond” their customers’ expectations as businesses strive to maintain or grow their market share.
Let’s face it, customers are not as brand loyal as they were in the past. One can argue many reasons why. Everything from a more “disposable” society to generational differences, cultivating and retaining customer loyalty is a common pain point all brands face. That’s where the concept identifying your online visitors using a proven Customer Identity Resolution platform comes in.
What Is Customer Identity Resolution?
Customer Identity Resolution is simply the process of identifying consumers as they move from one page to another on your website. One of the challenges of capturing a prospects’ online behavior stems from the different devices they use throughout the day to peruse pages across the web. Think about how many devices you use throughout the day? Your home PC, your work PC and/or laptop, along with smartphones and tablets.
How is that done? There are companies that specialize in deanonymizing your company’s website visitors, using your first-party data to capture unique information such as cookies, IP addresses as well as device information. And cross-referencing that data with other known variables to reveal the consumers’ publicly available, opted-in contact information, including first and last name, physical address, email addresses, telephone numbers and/or social media handles.
Four Business Boosting Benefits
Imagine how having your website visitors’ contact information at your fingertips can open up a whole new world of omnichannel retargeting opportunities! It’s up to you to decide how much (or how little) information you’d like revealed, depending on the channels you plan to use in upcoming campaigns.
- Enhance Your Company’s Retargeting Efforts: Data IS marketing gold! Identifying your website’s visitors is the first step in setting up retargeting campaigns to those who visited and left your website without converting.
- The Personalization Perk: In this time of incessant advertising chatter, customers expect personalized messages customized just for them to rise above it all.
- According to a Harvard professor, 95 percent of buying decisions are made subconsciously. While touting a product’s or service’s benefits are important, especially to consumers, it’s actually positive feelings and emotions that drive conversions.
- Do More With Data: I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, ‘There’s more than one way to skin a cat.’ Well, there’s more than one way or one channel, in this case, to reach your customers. These days, it can take six to eight touches or more before a customer decides to purchase. Don’t be afraid to go after your customer with engaging content. Gathering your prospects’ contact information, such as first and last names, email address, postal address, device information, cookies and social media handles can give you infinite possibilities to connect and make that sale! Think perhaps an email campaign and digital ads as they surf the web — or even view their social media page — showing them the exact (or complementary) item they viewed on your website.
- Smart Analytics: Gathering post-campaign analytics is an important part of any data-driven strategy. Getting metrics during a campaign, if possible, is even more ideal. Doing this allows you to quickly tweak the campaign, whether it be your target audience or enhancing content to make it more compelling.
Let’s say, for instance, your email campaign isn’t quite reaching its target, but response from digital ads is going through the roof. Analytics can give you the information you need to help steer your company’s campaign towards success!
Contact the experts at Stirista to learn more about how our award-winning team can help you plan and execute your next ad campaign.
We are proud to introduce Visitor ID Graph, our revolutionary tool that can help deanonymize your website visitors. Using your first-party data and pairing it with Stirista’s database of 250 million clean, triple-verified, and consistently updated records, Visitor ID Graph is the only omnichannel retargeting solution that gives you unencumbered access to your website visitors.